Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 35-40 mins
- 250g/9oz Butter
- 500g/1lb 2oz Caster sugar
- 100g/3½oz Cocoa powder
- 4 Beaten eggs
- 100g/3½oz Self raising flour
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder and cook gently for a few minutes, stirring constantly until dissolved and heated through.
- Take off the heat and pour mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and fold in the flour.
- Pour mixture into lined (greaseproof paper) 8”x10”/20cm x 25cm baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 mins at 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4, until just firm.
- It should be squidgy in the middle.
- Allow to cool and turn out onto a clean board.
- Cut into 2”/5cm squares.
- You’ll need a good cocoa powder for this recipe.
- Greaseproof paper
- 8”x10”/20cm x 25cm baking tray.
- Medium saucepan
- Caster sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Self raising flour