Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Chic French Chocolate Strawberries
Cooking Time 6 mins
- 6 Strawberries
- 4½ oz/128g Dark Chocolate
- Take 6 strawberries
- Slice off the green stalk so you get a nice flat surface
- Place the strawberries on greaseproof paper ½ inch/ 1.25cm apart
- Lay on a small dish ( I use a butter dish)
Heating the Chocolate
- Double Boiler Method
- Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of hot water.
- Keep the heat on but don’t let the water boil or touch the base of the bowl.
- Place the chocolate in the bowl and melt the chocolate, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon.
- When chocolate has thoroughly melted pour over the strawberries.
- Make sure they are completely covered
- Leave to set
- Heat proof bowl
- You can refrigerate the chocolate strawberries but they have a better sheen if you leave them to set at room temperature.
- Dark chocolate