Bazzer's Danish Bacon
- 1 Bunch Asparagus (10 spears)
- 4 Rashers unsmoked streaky bacon
- 2 Large eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp milk
- Black pepper
- Rinse the asparagus under cold running water and pat dry, cut off any woody stems.
- Use a small amount of olive oil to grease an oven proof dish; I use a 6"X4" dish that holds 3/4 pint of liquid.
- Line the inside of the dish with the bacon to cover completely.
- Lay the asparagus in the dish.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk until frothy and pour the egg mixture over the asparagus.
- Season with freshly milled black pepper.
- Put into a pre heated oven gas mark 6/400ºF/200ºC, middle shelf for about 30 mins.
- When cooked, remove from oven and using oven gloves, put a small plate on top of the dish and carefully turn over.
- Cut into 1" slices and divide between 2 plates, slightly overlap the slices.
- 3/4 pint Oven dish
- This tastes excellent cold served with a crispy salad.
- Streaky Bacon unsmoked
- Olive oil