Crab and Avocado Starter
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
- 1 large Avocado
- 8oz/215g Fresh or tinned crabmeat
- 1 tsp Tomato puree
- 4oz/115g Low fat cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- Splash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 slices Prosciutto ham
- Slice the avocado in half.
- Remove the stone and put the skins aside.
- Scoop out the flesh into a clean bowl.
- Add the crabmeat, tomato puree, low fat cheese and mix well.
- Add the Tabasco (to taste) and season with salt and pepper.
- When it’s thoroughly combined transfer back into the avocado shells.
- Top with a slice of Prosciutto ham.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 190C/375F/Gas mark 5
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Any leftovers can be served cold the next day